Here is the layout I made from my consultant starter kit received from Close To My Heart. I love the beautiful blue/green tones - just my colours.
I used a really special photo of my twin boys having a lot of fun on a carousel on a really special day on with friends from the UK on 1st February this year. My photo is 6 x 8.
Here are the instructions to duplicate this layout should you wish:
- Choose a 6 x 8 photo
- Spritz the Lagoon cardstock with a bronze mist
- Mat the photo with the Kraft cardstock border 2/8 of an inch to give the photo some definition
- Cut all the branding strips off the Skylark papers
- Cut the detail off the brown grid patterned paper in the top left hand corner - the chevron detail together with the birds on the wire, and then turn the paper over and cut out the faux detail on the green arrow stripe paper
- Cut a rectangle from the yellow quatrefoil paper 5 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches high
- Cut a rectangle from the green arrow paper 9 x 4 inches
- Cut out the teal and white banner from the bird paper; then the "beautiful memories" next to it
- Pop the following dimensional elements from the sheets - picture perfect, today was a wonderful day, cherished, epic story and the three banner elements
- Cut down the wood banner so it is a bit shorter than the others and round the corner
- Using Desert Sand, stamp the "cherish this"onto white, stamp the "first class fun" onto the brown grid patterned paper
- Using Lagoon, stamp the "here" onto white, and the "remember this", and "love". Stamp one of the label arrows onto the bird paper. Cut all of these stamped images out.
- Adhere the birds on a wire paper at the top left, slightly in from the edge of the border.
- Adhere epic story on top of that, in about half an inch from the left hand side of the page, just letting the patterned paper show out from the top.
- Adhere the yellow quatrefoil paper 2 inches from the left and 2 1/2 inches from the top
- Stick down the green arrow paper 1 1/4 inches from the left and 5 1/4 quarter inches from the top
- Stick down the dovetail aqua stripe banner an inch down from the green arrow paper on the left hand side
- Stick down the photo so that it is surrounded
- Adhere the three chipboard banners, with the right hand side being 3/4 inch in from the right hand side of the page
- Cut one green arrow 2 1/2 inches long (ie follow the pattern on the paper - width so there is "feathers" on each side of the spine) and stick down to the right of the banners
- Stamp the date on the "remember this" label and stick this down on top of the photo, together with "the beautiful memories" piece of paper.
- Colour in the side of the biggest bits of chipboard with a brown marker. This gives added depth and a clean outline to the chipboard.
- Adhere the paisley strip half an inch from the bottom of the layout.
- Cut half a flight of the green arrow paper and adhere underneath the paisley strip 1/4 inch in from the left hand side of the page.
- Stick the design with the green and white label on the right hand side of the page at the bottom, leaving a lagoon border on the bottom and right hand side of the page.
- Stick the "picture perfect" chipboard down on the top left hand side of the photo, and "today was a wonderful day" chipboard down on the bottom left of the photo. Once you are happy with their placement, secure them down with wet glue at the very end of the layout. Not just yet, as you have to put other strips underneath the edges!
- Cut a 1/4 inch piece from the brown patterned paper 5 1/2 inches long and stick underneath the "today" chipboard
- Cut the "take note" branding strip into two pieces, following the design
- Adhere the "take note" on the right hand side of the "today" chipboard, and then the "perfect day" on the top of that.
- Stick the lagoon label to the right side of the "today" chipboard and cut an arrow from the chevron branding strip 1 1/4 long
- Tuck in the "first class fun" label on the right hand side of the photo
- Put 3d foam underneath the "too much fun", "here" and "love" labels. Stick "too much fun" on top of "today", stick "love" to the left of the green and white label, and stick "here" to the right hand bottom of the photo
- Dovetail the teal shimmer trim in from 2 3/4 inches and adhere that at the top of the paisley strip 1/2 inch from the left
- Dovetail a 3/4 inch teal shimmer trim and adhere it underneath the kraft mat on the top left hand side of the photo
- Using a very small star punch, punch out four stars from the teal shimmer trim
- Stick as shown on the layout, raising the top one on 3D foam
- Cut down the negative shimmer trim on two of the stars and adhere to the right hand side of the "here" label
- Stick down the triangle studs and the Kaiser gems as shown
- Stick down the resin bird on the left hand side of the "cherish this" label
Close to My Heart:
Skylark Paper Packet, Skylark Complements (Dimensional Elements Sheets), Skylark Assortment - resin bird
Durables Triangle Studs
Teal Shimmer Trim
Lagoon and Desert Sand Exclusive Inks
Stamps: Balloon Talk, True to Life, Believe in Yourself, Cricut Artbooking Collection - My Life?
Cosmic Shimmer Mists Bronze
Kaisercraft Aqua Rhinestones
Tombow Cinnamon marker
Very small star punch
Stand back and admire your hard work! I hope you are happy with the result. :)